Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 12, 2008

    Night Before Defcon

    After a great dinner at Social House, we went to the Wynn to see Le Reve. I always enjoyed a good Cirque du Soleil show and this is up there in my favorites with “O”.

    I returned to the Riv just in time for the Foofus.net party in a suite by the pool. I also had to submit my CoffeeWars beans that night to Foofus. I was glad to get the beans out of my hotel room because even though they were double bagged in plastic, I was just about knocked over by the strong coffee scent when I unzipped my luggage at the Riv. You can imagine what my clothes smelled like that night. You would either love it or hate it. I smelled like a fruity, dark sumatra blend with hints of chocolate.

    Foofus.net's party was a great re-introduction to some people whom I met last year and his party successfully kicked off Defcon. With Foofus' famous margarita he mixed up for me--all it took was one--I was lounging in the moon light out on their patio and begun to fully appreciate coming to the conference this year. The mixing of intellect, technical curiosity, and bravado I love at these conferences was just beginning. Enjoying the warm desert star-filled night, I closed my eyes, and with great anticipation for tomorrow, I let me mind wander with Fatboy Slim's “Song for Shelter” saturating my thoughts.

    No comments: